|The Intranet Management Handbook
Price (to CILIP members): £39.96
"This is a truly superb book...Martin crams a treasure trove of information into 233 pages. His writing style is concise and easy to digest. I have never found another book that covers intranets in this practical style and so I thoroughly recommend it to intranet managers and their teams, to the senior execs who have the intranet within their purview, and to information management, knowledge management and content management practitioners who may have to deal with intranets, or advise clients on there development."
- Jed Cawthorne, www.ecm-stuff.blogspot.com
"Martin White has accomplished a great piece of work that will bring a lot of benefit to a lot of intranet managers."
- Jane McConnell, www.netjmc.com
- James Robertson
This is the first book to offer practical advice on intranet management, based on the work of the author as an intranet consultant over the past fifteen years.
Key areas include:
- managing intranets: opportunities and challenges
- defining user requirements
- making a business case
- developing a content strategy
- enhancing collaboration
- managing technology
- specifying and selecting software
- using Microsoft SharePoint for intranets
- operational planning
- establishing the intranet team
- managing intranet projects
- evaluating risks
- enhancing the user experience
- marketing the intranet
- measuring user satisfaction
- creating the governance framework
- writing an intranet strategy
- intranets and information management.
An appendix offers guidelines for social media use.
Readership: Information professionals involved in the development of an intranet for their organization, managers with responsibility for internal communications, personal management, risk management, information management and information technology.
2011; 224pp; paperback; 978-1-85604-734-0; £49.95
Also available as an eBook (ISBN: 978-1-85604-896-5)
How to purchase Facet eBooks
Look inside this book