|THE TECH SET Volumes 11-20
Ellyssa Kroski, series editor
Price (to CILIP members): £279.60
About the TECH SET volumes 1-10
Winner of the American Library Association's 2011 Award for 'Best Book in Library Literature'.
These books will become well-thumbed, dog-eared references for anyone charged with determining or implementing the next generation of patron services. - LIBRARY JOURNAL
Now TECH SET series editor Ellyssa Kroski brings you the field’s hottest tech gurus as they provide practical instructions and advice on everything from planning and development to marketing and metrics. Each title in the series is a one-stop passport to an emerging technology. If you’re ready to start creating, collaborating, connecting, and communicating through cutting-edge tools and techniques, you’ll want to get primed by the next ten books in the TECH SET.
New tech skills for you spell new services for your users:
• Use the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
• Plan new library services for these popular applications.
• Navigate the social mechanics involved with gaining buy-in for these forward-thinking initiatives.
• Utilise the social marketing techniques used by information professionals.
• Assess the benefits of these new technologies to maintain your success.
• Follow best practices already established by innovators and libraries using these technologies.
Find out more about the TECH SET volumes 11-20 by clicking on the links below
#11 Cloud Computing for Libraries
#12 Building Mobile Library Applications
#13 Location-Aware Services and QR Codes for Libraries
#14 Drupal in Libraries
#15 Strategic Planning for Social Media in Libraries
#16 Next-Gen Library Redesign
#17 Screencasting for Libraries
#18 User Experience (UX) Design for Libraries
#19 IM and SMS Reference Services for Libraries
#20 Semantic Web Technologies Social Searching for Librarians
June 2012; 1260pp; 10 volume set; 978-1-85604-859-0; £349.50 (each title is also available individually for £34.95 each, click on the links above for more information)