- 1st Jan 1970
- 280mm x 216mm
RDA: Strategies for Implementation
El-Sherbini's guide, which won the 2014 ALCTS Outstanding Publication Award, has been completely updated to reflect the maturing landscape of RDA.
Starting with a comparison of the conceptual background and structure of RDA to AACR2, she then moves beyond theory to show real-world examples of implementation, illustrated with many clear examples of the new MARC21 fields in use.
A valuable roadmap for RDA novices as well as a ready reference for practitioners, this book
- traces the history of RDA and the transition from AACR
- presents detailed strategies on implementing RDA, from general training tips to decision making, integrating new RDA records with legacy records, exporting RDA-based bibliographic records, vendor services, and much more, covering every aspect of daily practice
- addresses FRBR-driven tasks, FRBR-Group relationships, and principles of FRAD, including how FRAD impacts the RDA application
- offers brand new chapters on Work and Expression, Work and Expression for Special Materials, Authorized Access Points, and Relationships Among Entities
- provides updated guidance on getting the most out of RDA Toolkit.
This book will be essential reading for cataloguers, LIS students, archivists and any cataloguing professional wanting to gain a better understanding of the new cataloguing standard.
Magda El-Sherbini is Head of The Ohio State University Libraries' Cataloging Department. In this capacity, she oversees the Department's cataloging activities. She supervises the department's four cataloging units as well as four faculty members and their respective staffs. In addition to her administrative duties, El-Sherbini serves on numerous library committees and is the author of numerous library publications. She served as a member of the ALA RDA Advisory Board, which addresses issues related to the online publishing of RDA, tests the product online, and provides feedback to the publisher.